Saturday, July 23, 2011

Theakston's Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival

Old Swan Hotel Harrogate 21-24 July 2011 I'm having such a great time here with hundreds of other crime fiction tragics, despite quite severe jet lag which I don't remember having last time I travelled to the UK although admittedly that was about 25 years ago.....I was much younger, fitter etc.
The festival kicked off with the Crime Novel of the year award and festival opening party, for me the highlight was the presentation of the Outstanding Contribution to Crime Fiction Award to
P D James, what a gorgeous woman, 90 years old and delightful. She was thrilled to be here and to accept the award and she promised that from now on Adam Dagliesh, her renowned detective, would only drink Theakston's ale {festival sponsor}. Lee Child followed her to accept the Crime Novel of the Year for 61 hours, he was unprepared as despite selling 50 million books he hasn't won an award for ages but said that what he will remember most is following P D James onto the stage.
I'll keep you posted on hightlights from the sessions www.harrogate-festival.org.uk/crime

1 comment: