Sunday, June 26, 2011

In the teeth of the evidence

The book, In the teeth of the evidence, is a 1939 compilation called In the teeth of the evidence after the first (and Wimsey) short story in the book. The book contains two Lord Peter stories (the above mentioned and "Absolutely elsewhere"), five stories with wine and spirits salesman Montague Egg as detective, and ten other stories of mystery and suspense with no detective.

I enjoyed them all as little jewels of cleverness and wonder as I frequently do how someone has the ingenuity to come up with plot after plot. However, on a whole short stories are not my preferred style of reading. I have one more collection of DLS's short stories and then I am back to a full-blown book where there is more plot and character development.

No comments:

Post a Comment