Sunday, June 26, 2011

Anita Heiss: Manhattan Dreaming

Interested in life in the world of art galleries, life in Canberra, sexist footballers, life in the Big Apple, the sights and sounds and wonders of arriving in New York? Anita Heiss' chicklit novel, Manhattan dreaming, published by Random House, has all of this and more. It's a quick fun and funny read set in the life of Lauren, an indigenous art curator, who hails from Goulburn but has a ball when she hits New York City.

Anita is a great ambassador for indigenous Australia and I have long admired her speaking skills and the writing and storytelling work she has done with teenagers. This is the first book of hers that I have read, but after I finished I went straight out and reserved the sequel, Paris dreaming! It's next on my pile of books to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment