Saturday, March 7, 2009

Meet the Author - Marina Larsson

Meet Marina Larsson - Author of Shattered Anzacs: Living with the scars of War
Award-winning Melbourne Historian, Dr Marina Larsson has written and researched extensively on war and repatriation history.

Her new book, Shattered Anzacs: Living with the scars of War explores the untold stories of the thousands of Australian families who welcomed home soldiers physically and psychologically disabled by the First World War, bringing to light the daily struggles of Australia’s 90,000 ‘changed men’ and revealing the significant burdens carried by their families.

Admission is free, however bookings are essential.

When: Tuesday 7 April at 7.30pm
Where: Kew Library, Cnr Cotham Road & Civic Drive, Kew
Phone: 9278 4666 or book online

1 comment:

  1. Dear Marina Cannot attend your book launch as I live in Sydney but will buy your book anyway. I am researching my grandmother's history and am convinced that her brother who failed to come home played a substantial role in subsequent family dysfunction. I think this aspect of War history is vastly under - researched. Congratulations. I would like to establish contact with others who may be following the same lines. My great Uncle died at Polygon Wood, Flanders on 20th Sept, 1917 and was not found for several years. I have returned letters marked Deceased. How cruel and inhumane could they get? Also jingoistic sympathy cards which still make me angry. All the best, Connie Peters

    ReplyDelete